Walmart and I are sworn enemies. Actually, I take that back. The Walmart on Tchoupitoulas Street and I are sworn enemies. I cannot escape our local store without at least one unbelievable tale of human incompetence. A few weeks ago, I saw a woman walking around the meat department with a ferret. A freaking ferret.
Or how about this? The store is so poorly managed a local rapper filmed this music video with half naked girls bouncing down the aisles and in the parking lot. If you haven’t seen it, you won’t be able to tear your eyes away, although you may want to tear them out. My point is this: given my past history with my local Wally World, I never, ever expected to find my new favorite tee shirt there.
Here’s how it happened…
- Me: Wait in line for 15 minutes.
- Me: Get fed up and begin perusing the only thing around, a display of tee shirts.
- Customer 1: Tries to steal my place in line.
- Me: Choose the smallest shirt size available… a large. Continue waiting in line another 15 minutes.
- Checker: _____________ (no greeting or hello). ”Your soy milk won’t ring up.”
- Me: “Can someone get me a new one?”
- Checker: “That’ll take too long.”
- Me: Run across store for new soy milk and return breathless.
- Checker: ______________ (no thank you or goodbye).
- Me: Get home, drink a glass of wine to calm nerves and try on new shirt. Pleasantly surprised.
The shirt is made by “No Boundaries” and is soft, surprisingly well-fitting and the perfect shade of neon pink for Spring and Summer. Did I mention it only cost $4.44?